Welcome...

Hello and welcome to Sanity Is An Illusion.
Sanity Is An Illusion is a rambling, meandering, ranting and raving blog in which I post my thoughts and discuss my views on... well... everything. Please, leave comments with your views on my posts, I'm bound to rebutt them. Don't be surprised if I occasionally come across as violent, twisted, cynical, bitchy or callous... I have that side to me. I'm a scorpio, in every sense of the word. I have many aspects to my personality... hopefully you'll get to experience a few of them here. I'm not sure how entertaining my blog is, I don't know if I'm ever fascinating or intriguing or funny, all I know is that this is who I am... Take it or leave it.
Ciao,
Sarah.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

0_o A Moment Of Healing... In A Blog.

It’s the simplest question we ask, and yet it’s the one we never quite find a complete answer for- ‘why?’
Why, why, why, why?

I love curiosity. I find an inquisitive nature admirable in a person.

I find imagination admirable in a person.

I find the ability to just be admirable in a person.

I find the ability to wonder, think, be fascinated, admirable in a person.


And you know what?




I am that person.


I finally worked out what I like about me, and it's this;



I am awed by the world around me, the little, perfect moments in which life is just... beautiful.

I seek beauty in everything. The beauty in a frosted, misty morning, kookaburras laughing as I stumble on my way to the clothes dryer. The beauty in that single moment where you're sitting around talking to your friends, music playing quietly in the background, twilight lingering before it gives way to darkness and glistening, mysterious moonlight and star-studded sky. That moment where you truly appreciate the people around you, the world around you. Where every breath of air is wholesome and refreshing, and time slows.


I love that I'm always wondering about things, and that my mind is like this vast, varying landscape that I see no end to, for me to explore.


I guess that means that the beauty I see in myself, is that I see the beauty in the world.


That's enough for me. No more self-hate.



I am who I am. That's all I should be.




















Also, Alice, you are a Silly Banana. But nobody in the entire world is a Magical Doom Wizard, no matter how nasty they are.

No comments: