Welcome...

Hello and welcome to Sanity Is An Illusion.
Sanity Is An Illusion is a rambling, meandering, ranting and raving blog in which I post my thoughts and discuss my views on... well... everything. Please, leave comments with your views on my posts, I'm bound to rebutt them. Don't be surprised if I occasionally come across as violent, twisted, cynical, bitchy or callous... I have that side to me. I'm a scorpio, in every sense of the word. I have many aspects to my personality... hopefully you'll get to experience a few of them here. I'm not sure how entertaining my blog is, I don't know if I'm ever fascinating or intriguing or funny, all I know is that this is who I am... Take it or leave it.
Ciao,
Sarah.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Armageddon.

When I claim to be a Word Nerd, I do not just meant that I like using 'big words'. I am a poet and author in the making. To read some of my work, go to http://words-are-art.blogspot.com/

For those who appreciate the more visual side to art, I reccomend visiting http://mycallinginlife.blogspot.com/ this blog follows a few art projects of Scott's. His work is absolutely brilliant, so it's definitely worth the read. CLICK THE LINK!


Now, onto the purpose of this post, beyond endorsement.

To be completely frank, I'm utterly sick of hearing about cases of Swine Flu.

The only reason there have been so many deaths from the illness is that it is new to humans, our immune systems have never had to fight it before. When standard influenza was first introduced to humans, it would have had the same affect. The only threat poised by Swine Flue (H1F1 influenza) is if it mutates. This is not likely to happen. The second the ailment was discovered, the world cried "Pandemic". This is the same as the situation with Bird Flu, yet I see no one keeling over from that anymore. Apparently, it's no longer going to be the death of us. The media frenzy over Swine Flu and Bird Flu alike do no more than contribute to the heightened state of paranoia in the world. Eventually, if this trend continues, we'll see a typical 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf' affect. Eventually, there really will be a pandemic, but the world will be too busy rolling its eyes to realise that it's for real this time.

Suck it up, people. Swine Flu is not going to bring Armageddon upon us all.

No comments: