Welcome...

Hello and welcome to Sanity Is An Illusion.
Sanity Is An Illusion is a rambling, meandering, ranting and raving blog in which I post my thoughts and discuss my views on... well... everything. Please, leave comments with your views on my posts, I'm bound to rebutt them. Don't be surprised if I occasionally come across as violent, twisted, cynical, bitchy or callous... I have that side to me. I'm a scorpio, in every sense of the word. I have many aspects to my personality... hopefully you'll get to experience a few of them here. I'm not sure how entertaining my blog is, I don't know if I'm ever fascinating or intriguing or funny, all I know is that this is who I am... Take it or leave it.
Ciao,
Sarah.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Exams.

Ah, the sweet constraints of stress and anxiety inflicted upon upper-secondary students by the ever-looming exams! For myself, and many other year eleven students in my school, exams start in... two days. A petrifying thought, particularly since I am doing six TEE (GSCE/HSE... whatever tehy call them, wherever you are) subjects.This, for Australia (or at least WA) is the maximum number of TEE subjects allowed. Due to the nature of Italian, I have to do two exams for that subject, one for speaking, and one for everything else. This means that in total, I have to complete seven exams. Two of which are sciences, three of which are based on language, both our own and foreign, one on media and then is the dreaded MATHEMATICS.

I am a Word Nerd, a verbose language person. I pick up other languages with relative speed and ease, and I excell in English and literature endeavours. I manage to be decent at biology, I'm doing okay, and certainly improving in chemistry. Media is a piece of proverbial cake... Maths, however...
For me, words simply...click. They fit into place. Just another cog in the works. Numbers.... numbers are more like spanners in the works. So it is for my maths exam that I fear. My average is set at about 66.6% thus far, and I'm fucking terrified that I'm going to fail. I would really rather not.

So this, another milestone, another chapter in my life, is causing considerable stress, though, as I did with the graduation of primary school, I will likely look back on this and roll my eyes, believing that it was so silly of me to be anxious.


On a lighter note...


Ice skating.

A friend of mine has invited me to go ice skating for her sixteenth birthday. I've never been ice skating before, but I hear that it is...painful for the uncoordinated. I am the epitome of uncoordinated. I trip over my feet, fall up and down stairs, walk into trees, walls and doorframes in plain sight...

I think, that at the very least, people will get a good laugh out of me with a pair of ice skates on.


It should be fun. I look forward to it. Though I may be cursing Stephanie when I leave the rink with a bruised ass.

No comments: