Welcome...

Hello and welcome to Sanity Is An Illusion.
Sanity Is An Illusion is a rambling, meandering, ranting and raving blog in which I post my thoughts and discuss my views on... well... everything. Please, leave comments with your views on my posts, I'm bound to rebutt them. Don't be surprised if I occasionally come across as violent, twisted, cynical, bitchy or callous... I have that side to me. I'm a scorpio, in every sense of the word. I have many aspects to my personality... hopefully you'll get to experience a few of them here. I'm not sure how entertaining my blog is, I don't know if I'm ever fascinating or intriguing or funny, all I know is that this is who I am... Take it or leave it.
Ciao,
Sarah.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Technology

Have you noticed that no matter how much you know about computers, there always seems to be some problem you can't fix? That even if you designed the mobile, there'll be a glitch you just can't solve? You purchase a moblie on a 3G network which promises to provide phone reception ANYWHERE, even in rural areas. Then take it to you SEMI-RURAL home only to discover that the only way you can send a message is by frantically running around your house screaming cusses in an attempt to attain ONE BAR of reception! As you may have guessed, this is an issue I have. Another issue I have is that despite knowing a hell of a lot about computers (not through crappy 'using computers' courses at school. Sorry, Ms Dekker, you didn't teach us a bloody thing. I learnt everything from my dad), I can't seem to avoid barrages of computer problems. Thankfully, after three hours of yelling euphemisms for the word 'fuck' so that my parents don't yell at me for swearing, I usually fix the problems. The fact remains that the problems are there. At work, the eftpos will stop working until someone hits is with a carafe. Naturally, I believe that our problems would be solved if we hit the great majority of the STAFF with a carafe... maybe it would knock some sense into them... but then again, I think half their problem is that they've been kicked in the head one too many times by the inbred horses they ride. Sorry, I digress.. back to the crux of this rant...



TECHNOLOGY.



I think the problem with technology is that it has progressed to the point where we fallible humans are the only things holding it back. As soon as someone is dumb enough to give cash registers artificial intelligence- and a sentient intelligence at that- we're all doomed. Do panic, because I assure you, there are people out there dumb enough to do such a thing... the only problem is that they're also brilliant enough to know how. This is another problem of modern society (and yet another nonsensical digression); common sense is a rarity. To quote my boyfriend (who I think stole it from something a relief teacher once said, who stole it from a eulogy in an English newspaper) "Common sense just isn't common any more". As a result we have brilliant, brillant people doing really dumb things. Another issue directly linking to the endangered nature of common sense is idiots with power. Take for instance George Bush (Obama, thank heavens you took his place). I'm an Australian, but that doesn't mean I'm exempt from the consequences of American politics. Speaking of Australia and politics... another idiot who had power- John Howard. All I can say is that I sincerely hope Obama and Rudd do their respective countries some good.






I'm fully aware that this post was rambling, meandering and whiney... I started off talking about technology, but continual digressions led me to politics... Hopefully I at the very least entertained you in the process. That is, if you could understand my convoluted, rambling sentence structure...

3 comments:

Scott said...

Technology hates me... They need to stop trying to make everything smaller and give everything extra features, instead focusing on making things WORK!!! I mean, the iPod for instance- it does everything you'd want it to do plus more that you don't really care about, yet they are full of bugs and problems. They have been known to crash for no apparent reason and are THE MOST unreliable digital music players around- Why does Apple do this to us?! Why not make an iPod that ACTUALLY works?!?! Anyway enough from me.

Scott said...

..gramattical error, it should say "...and giving everything extra features..." My bad

Valkyrie Uruz said...

lol, I'll forgive the grammatical error on the account that you make an excellent point.